You or your kids are studying or teaching abroad! The last thing you need to worry about is medical coverage. Every year, thousands of students and educational staff travel internationally. Whatever the case, it’s important to be prepared for any sudden injury or illness that can occur while traveling internationally, and the costs associated with emergency medical treatment.
To help enhance the global educational experience and to protect against these unforeseen circumstances, we offer several student travel insurance plans tailored to fit the needs of international students, students involved in educational or cultural exchange and faculty of international schools around the world.
Typical student health insurance covers the following:
- Coverage for illnesses and injuries that occur while you are abroad
- Access to a worldwide network of medical providers
- 24/7 travel assistance services
- Emergency medical evacuation
- There are plans that will provide maternity coverage
To buy Student Insurance, you must be involved in full-time educational or research activities:
- Non-U.S. Citizens: International students, visiting Faculty, Scholars, or other person age 12 and older who are temporarily residing outside of their Home Country. The insured must remain engaged in full-time educational or research activities outside their Home Country during the Period of Coverage. Valid J-1, H-3, F, M or Q Visa required.
- U.S. Citizen: All United States Students, visiting Faculty, Scholars, or other persons with a current passport who are temporarily residing outside the United States and are engaged in full-time educational or research activities.