Short Term Medical Insurance (STM) is for someone between jobs, waiting on benefits to begin with your new employer, retired waiting on Medicare to begin, recent US immigrants, US citizens returning from living abroad, college graduates or young adults no longer covered under parents’ plan and any US residents who need a temporary coverage up to 90 days.
We offer the following two STM insurance for residents of CA, OR and WA States. Please compare the benefits and premiums carefully before you purchase. Please know that STM insurance is not compliant with the Affordable Care Act (“Obamacare”). STM insurance do not cover pre-existing conditions, maternity expenses and preventive services, among other limitations & exclusions. Please refer to the policy documents for all limitations, exclusions and detailed benefits before you apply. STM policy is not renewable.
You are eligible to apply for STM if you are age 2 through 64 and you meet the following requirements:
- You are not pregnant, an expectant father, or planning on adopting
- You will not be covered by other medical insurance at time of requested effective date
- You are not a member of the armed forces of any country, state, or international organization, other than on reserve duty for 30 days or less
- You are able to answer “no” to the medical questions on the application form
<Petersen International Short Term Medical>
- *Currently available for California residents only
- Length of coverage is up to 90 days
- Deductible choices (per person): $100, $250, $500, $1,000, $2,500 or $5,000
- No co-pay, no coinsurance. Once the deductible has been fulfilled, the policy will cover 100% up to $1 million
- Policy Max: $1 million
- Recommended to use the PPO Network. PPO Network discounts do not apply for treatment received out of network